HP3000-L Archives

January 2003, Week 3

From:
John Hornberger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:07:32 -0500
Kim Borgman wrote the following:

I am writing to a file using a file equation and it is 302 characters, but
get errors after 256 in the JCL.

anyone know if I can change this limit ?

TIA......

Mr Kim Borgman - IS Mgr

Kim,

I just checked on docs.hp.com and found out that 256 is the design limit
for output line length.  To view all of Query's other limits please check
the following URL:

http://docs.hp.com/mpeix/onlinedocs/32650-90889/32650-90889.html

Expand the contents listing for "QUERY/3000 Specifications" and then click
on the "Limits Used By Query" subitem.

HTH,

John Hornberger
Sr. Systems Programmer
SPX Global Information Services

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended
by SPX Corporation for the use of the named individual or entity to which
it is addressed, and may contain information that is confidential or
privileged.  If you have received this electronic mail transmission in
error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it,
and notify the sender of the error by reply mail or call the SPX GIS Help
Desk at 215-293-2811 so that the sender's address records can be
corrected.