HP3000-L Archives

January 2003, Week 3

From:
Charles Finley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 07:47:55 -0800
As I understand it you want to take an application that is destined to run
on the HP 3000 distribute it electronically.  The customer will then
download and install it on their own HP 3000. If my understanding is
correct, a model of what you want to do can be seen at
http://www.bixby.org/mark/perlix.html  or
http://www.editcorp.com/Personal/Lars_Appel/.  Both Mark Bixby and Lars
Appel have several applications that one can download and install.  They
provide installation instructions and scripts that you can use to model your
approach after.

I would suggest that you use either a Linux or a Windows computer as the
host for this download (whichever you are more confortable with). This will
make it farily easy for you to get software that will provide secure access
for your customers.  Alternatively, perhaps a better option,  you can get an
account with an ISP (there are hundreds to choose from) that will allow you
to upload the store-to-disk file to a starter e-commerce account at their
site and will allow your customers to access it there.

Charles Finley
Transformix Computer Corporation
Oceanside, CA
(760) 439-3146