HP3000-L Archives

January 2003, Week 3

From:
Charles Finley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 18:18:57 -0800
Tom Emerson wrote:

"I'd say the article might make a fine eulogy when image/sql finally
breathes
it's last breath, but I'm not so sure the piggy-backed equating of DB2
features to HP image features will help them in the long run -- anyone else
get the impression they're still "grasping at straws"?"

From what you're saying I get the impression that not yet tried to use DB2
on an iSeries.  It is really easy to use and does not require a DBA.  I
haven't even bothered to read the article yet.  However, I've been using
DB2, Oracle, Informix in varying degrees on various unixes and Linux for
years.  I've been using  SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, Informix and MS Access on
various Windows platforms for several years as well.   You might also
recognize that I'm no stranger to IMAGE either.  I started working with HP
Eloquence before most of the people on this list even knew it existed (about
4 years ago).  I therefore feel qualified to state that using DB2 on the
iSeries compares favorably to using IMAGE on an HP 3000.  If you don't
believe me try it out.

Charles Finley
Transformix Computer Corporation
Oceanside, CA