HP3000-L Archives

January 2003, Week 2

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:05:53 -0800
Phil Yantis wrote:
> They're Baaaaaaack!
> This is cool fun. I clicked in the Southern California vicinity of the map
> on their home page and guess who came up on the returned list?... MARK
> BIXBY!

I wish I could say I was cool enough to have known about this site before the
HP3000-L posting, but I can't.  ;-)

However, the exercise of adding myself to their database did allow me to refine
my precise lat/long by a couple of hundred feet based on locating my house in
the close-up aerial photograph.

My long-ago determined lat/long from the US Census Tiger street maps actually
had me on the wrong side of the street.
Remainder of .sig suppressed to conserve expensive California electrons...