HP3000-L Archives

January 2003, Week 2

From:
Alan Yeo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:32:04 -0600
 Hi All

Multiple lines do work however it needs to be a "\"  in position 72.
Needs may not be correct but works is :-)

I also find for some strange reason that having things in the column
positions shown in the sample file INSECSMP and only one entry per line
makes it easier to maintain and thus get right and work.

I have always hated having to maintain this file via an editor, it was
always crying out for a utility program to manage and organise the file
for you. We were pondering about writing one but 11/14 sidelined it.

Alan

In article <[log in to unmask]>, Jeff Kell
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>Astrid Koizar wrote:
>>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> We try to allow certain computers to connect to one of our HP3000 via FTP
>> in the File INETDSEC.NET.SYS. As the list of IP-Adresses will exceed one
>> line we tried to follow the editing tips (see below)
>
>It is a bug that was never fixed (AFAIK).  INETDSEC (/usr/adm/inetd.sec)
>only allows one line per service.  Editing it with vi under posix you
>can make it a pretty long line, however.
>
>Jeff

Alan Yeo
[log in to unmask]    Just because you're paranoid
Phone +44 1684 291710   it doesn't mean someone isn't!.
Fax   +44 1684 291712