HP3000-L Archives

January 2003, Week 2

From:
Steve Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 13:17:04 -0600
 Way back in 1995, on this list, Eero Laurila of HP CSY Networking lab
posted the following recommendation:

--------------------
  What I typically do on my systems (and would pretty much recommend for
  almost every system out there), is to configure NMMGR values as
follows:

  [1  ]     Retransmission Interval Lower Bound (Secs)
  [300  ]   Maximum Time to Wait For Remote Response (Sec)
  [2  ]     Initial Retransmission Interval (Secs)
  [6  ]     Maximum Retransmissions per Packet

We have been passing on that recommendation since then, and I have not
heard of any problems.  Still sounds like good advice to me,

Steve Cooper