HP3000-L Archives

January 2003, Week 2

From:
Jerry Finn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Finn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:58:42 +0100
Can any one fill me in on how Protos works.

I have a customer with some Protos generated COBOL,
and I thought Protos was just a 4GL COBOL language
generator.

The catch would be, is the generated COBOL then
dependent on a Protos runtime, or linking to a
Protos XL library, etc.?

They'd like to migrate to MF COBOL but its going
to be alot less straight forward the generated
COBOL is still dependent on other Protos runtime
programs.

Jerry Finn