HP3000-L Archives

January 2003, Week 1

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask]> 1/7/03 4:04:46 PM >>>
I got a strange behavior from our backup job this morning. I failed to
notice a 'typo' in one of my CI variables and although the message
"REMAINDER OF JOB FLUSHED" was issued (see line 396 below), the job did NOT
log off. I was paged by a used in another time zone and ended up
'aborting' the job some 4 hours after the error occurred (see line 397
below). [...]41_7Jan200316:31:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:56:28 -0600
I agree with Scott on this one.  Last month when I resurrected an old 917, I
tried to install from a tape after replacing the dead disk drive.  I got a
bad LIF magic.  I checked the tape on another system.  It was crap.
Fortunately, after using a delicate tool (hammer) on the disk drive, the
system booted.

Denys