UTCSTAFF Archives

January 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Nick Honerkamp <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nick Honerkamp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:20:50 -0500
Bill makes some good points. Who on occasion hasn't thought about beating
in the windshield of a girlfriend's car with the butt end of a shotgun?

Just kidding. I've always seen the function of the Awards not as a
superiority fix but as a cautionary tale, instructive for the very reasons
that he cites: we all do stupid stuff on occasion (I once attempted to save
time by ironing a shirt that was still on my body). So the message to me is
not "They sure are dumb and I'm smart," but rather "Think this through,
otherwise very bad things might happen, especially if alcohol is involved,"
a traditional leitmotif of the DAs, though apparently not this year.

Fear of making this list MAY give someone pause before doing something
ill-advised. That's good. Adding to the pain of family and friends is not
good at all. Thanks to Bill, I have mixed feelings about all this now.

Nick Honerkamp