UTCSTAFF Archives

January 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Ruth Grover <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 16:34:59 -0500
This coming Thursday, Jan. 9, 2003, from 5 - 7 pm, the doors of the
Cress Gallery of Art, located in the lobby of the Fine Arts Center, will
open to a public reception for the first exhibition of the new year:
The UTC Department of Art 8th Annual Juried Student Exhibition.

Always one of the Cress's most popular exhibitions, the 2003 version
will feature 42 works of art in a variety of media created by 32
students enrolled in the Department's curriculum.  This year's juror
Paul Rustand, principal designer of Widgets and Stone, Chattanooga,
Tn.,  chose a small and selective, but quite elegant, exhibition.  Mr.
Rustand further honored eight students by presenting them with Juror's
Awards to be announced during the opening reception.

This exhibition not only gives the campus and the public a chance to see
the excellent effort our Art majors put forth, but, as competitive
exhibitions are very much a part of the world of the working artist and
designer, it provides our students with additional experience to prepare
for a professional role.

Hope you'll have a chance to drop by!

Ruth Grover
Curator Galleries and Collections