UTCSTAFF Archives

January 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Bob Swansbrough <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Swansbrough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:11:51 -0500
        I have encountered too many problems [frequent disconnections] with my
dial-up Earthlink Internet connection and feel compelled to switch to a
faster service. Since Signal Mountain is some distance from downtown sites
for BellSouth DSL fastaccess service or ComCast cable service, I wondered
if anyone living on Signal Mountain has been successful in locating a
reliable, fast Internet service? Evidently, BellSouth can't service areas
too far from downtown, at least when I tried to link up a year ago. Anyone
have suggestions based on Signal Mountain experience with faster Internet
service? If BellSouth's DSL service or Comcast has worked for you on the
mountain, in what part of this area do you reside?
        Thanks.