UTCSTAFF Archives

January 2003

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Chuck Cantrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Cantrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:50:24 -0500
Once again, a reminder about inclement weather and announcing schedule changes:

With the threat of inclement weather, I want to remind everyone of
our procedures for announcing schedule changes.

As soon as a decision is made, the Office of University Relations
contacts the following local television stations:
WDEF Channel 12 (Chattanooga Comcast Cable Channel 13)
WDSI Channel 61 (Chattanooga Comcast Cable Channel 11)
WRCB Channel 3  (Chattanooga Comcast Cable Channel 04)
WTVC Channel 9  (Chattnaooga Comcast Cable Channel 10)

WUTC, FM88.1 will announce schedule changes.

We will also call as many radio stations as answer.  Most radio
stations no longer operate a news department and their morning staffs
are small. Often our calls to them during bad weather are  not
answered.

You can also call several phone numbers for up-to-date information.
The main UTC line, 425-4111, will be programmed with current
information, as will the UTC Snow Line, 425-4SNO (4766).  The
University Relations main line, 425-4363 will also be updated.

Additionally, if at all possible, the schedule change will be
reflected on www.utc.edu and a RAVEN email will be distributed.

Each of these is dependent upon electrical power, phone, and other
utility availability at the homes of the University Relations staff
members and we will do our absolute best to keep each of these
outlets updated.

Remember, when it is necessary for the University to open late, we
will likely open on an hour or half-hour. For Tuesday and Thursday
time periods, faculty and students should report to the classes or
laboratories in progress at the stated opening time.  For example, if
the University opens at 10 a.m. on a Tuesday, report to 9:25 classes.

Every attempt will be made to announce schedule changes as soon as possible.

In the event of bad weather, please be patient, safe, and smart.  Use
your best judgement about conditions in your area. Employees who feel
they can not reach the campus should contact their supervisors.
Likewise, students are advised to contact faculty members if they are
unable to reach campus because of conditions in their area.

Thanks.