HP3000-L Archives

December 2002, Week 4

From:
"Gehan G." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gehan G.
Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 06:47:46 -0800
 More info on my restore failure. I'm pretty sure that it's on 1
tape, and that i'm just making an error somewhere. I have to be
missing something small. You always over look the small things..
 Just to recap and show exactly what I did i'll do it right
now..
Ok backup tape is in drive 13, showdev says:

LDEV AVAIL    OWNERSHIP VOLID     DEN   ASSOCIATION

13   AVAIL (W)          (Nolabel) 1600

I type:
FILE T;DEV=13
RESTORE *T;CODES.SOURCE.MUB3;LISTDIR
It says:

MPE/iX MEDIA DIRECTORY
MEDIA NAME        : STORE/RESTORE-HP/3000.MPEXL
MEDIA VERSION     : MPE/iX 08.50 FIXED ASCII
MEDIA NUMBER      : 1
MEDIA CREATION DATE
MON, NOV  5, 2001,  1:03 PM

STORE  @[log in to unmask];*T
MEDIA CREATED WITH THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS

MEDIA RECORD SIZE : 16384
INTERLEAVE DEPTH  : 1

FILENAME GROUP    ACCOUNT  CREATOR         MEDIA    SET
CODES   .SOURCE  .MUB3     MGR     .MUB3     >=      1

I reset the tape, and log on the mub3 as manager.
and do:
FILE TPE;DEV=13
RESTORE *TPE;CODES.SOURCE.MUB3;SHOW
it says:

TUE, DEC 24, 2002,  8:34 AM
WILL RESTORE 1 FILES ; NUMBER OF FILES ON MEDIA   14950

FILENAME GROUP ACCOUNT VOLUME RESTRICTIONS SECTORS CODE MEDIA

 And that's where it sits.. I checked console and I don't see
any replies waiting. I also went to the terminal which is
connected to the box directly, it has no replies or error
messeges...
 If I do a showdev 13 it has changed to:

LDEV AVAIL         OWNERSHIP     VOLID     DEN ASSOCIATION
13   UNAVAIL  (W)  #S80: 1 FILES (Nolabel) 1600

 But still no signs of life...

I know it's hard to diagnose problems like this without being
here and seeing exactly whats being done, but if anyone has any
suggestions it would be very helpfull. I don't have much else to
do on christmas eve so I figure i'll spend the day trying to get
this file.. lol

Hope I'm not the only one stuck at work out there,
Gehan G.