HP3000-L Archives

December 2002, Week 1

From:
Jerry Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 22:46:31 -0600
 Wayne R. Boyer ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: In a message dated 12/6/02 10:20:20 AM Pacific Standard Time,
: [log in to unmask] writes:
:
: > IBM will pay $2.1 billion in cash to acquire modeling tools company
: > Rational Software, in a bid to win over more application developers.
: >
:
: Dear IBM: We have a wonderful investment opportunity for you... please
: contact HP with regards to purchasing an operating system , etc. for
: minimal cost with an highly loyal and profitable customer base.  Note
: that you will immediately will over many highly skilled application
: developers to your company.
:
: PS: It'll cost you a lot less than the 2.1B(as in BIG BUCKS)illion that
: this small software comapny is costing you.
:
:
How about including VMS and NSK too?

   http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=6188
   Tandem support shipped out to India?

  "Farewell Cupertino, hi Bangalore
   By INQUIRER staff: Tuesday 12 November 2002, 09:57

   A MESSAGE BOARD claimed that HP has told its Tandem employees in
   Cupertino that support for the "non stop computing" technology is to
   be outsourced to India.

   HP has already slimmed down other elements of its support organisation
   - a few months ago a Florida third party maintenance firm claimed his
   business would go down the tubes because PC support was also being
   outsourced to India.

   Around 170 "Tandem" jobs at Cupertino will go, if the reports are
   correct..."

   http://trav-tech.com/cgi/testwww/config.pl?read=7297
   HP moving Tandem maintenance offshore

--Jerry Leslie   (my opinions are strictly my own)
  Note: [log in to unmask] is invalid for email