HP3000-L Archives

December 2002, Week 1

From:
"Wayne R. Boyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 18:34:07 EST
In a message dated 12/6/02 7:32:00 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> It amazes me that these companies will refuse to allow telecommuting,
> often at lower expense, to U.S. based consultants yet they will move
> operations to the other side of the world.

It must be because the quaility of work is so good over there?  We Americans
can't do any quality work of course. Possibly promoted by the high level of
communication that one can have half way acorss the world which you cannot
have with a US telecommuter in the same timezone?

Or could it all be about the $/hour?????  Any one in favor of outsourcing
high level management to India/China/anywhere?  Bet we could save even more
$/hour!

Wayne