HP3000-L Archives

December 2002, Week 1

From:
Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 09:04:02 -0500
 A police officer pulled a guy over for speeding and had
 the following exchange:

 Officer: May I see your driver's license?

 Driver: I don't have one. I had it suspended when I got my
 5th DUI. (Driving Under the Influence)

 Officer: May I see the owner's card for this vehicle?

 Driver: It's not my car. I stole it.

 Officer: The car is stolen?

 Driver: That's right. But come to think of it, I think I
 saw the owner's card in the glove box when I was putting
 my gun in there.

 Officer: There's a gun in the glove box?

 Driver: Yes sir. That's where I put it after I shot and
 killed the woman who owns this car and stuffed her in the
 trunk.

 Officer: There's a BODY in the TRUNK?!?!?

 Driver: Yes, sir.

 Hearing this, the officer immediately called his captain.
 The car was quickly surrounded by police, and the captain
 approached the driver to handle the tense situation:

 Captain: Sir, can I see your license?

 Driver: Sure. Here it is.

 It was valid.

 Captain: Who's car is this?

 Driver: It's mine, officer. Here's the registration.

 Captain: Could you slowly open your glove box so I can see
 if there's a gun in it?

 Driver: Yes, sir, but there's no gun in it.

 Sure enough, there was nothing in the glove box.

 Captain: Would you mind opening your trunk? I was told you
 said there's a body in it.

 Driver: No problem.

 The trunk was opened; no body.

 Captain: I don't understand it. The officer who stopped
 you said you told him you didn't have a license, stole the
 car, had a gun in the glovebox, and that there was a dead
 body in the trunk.

 Driver: Yeah, I'll bet he told you I was speeding, too.