HP3000-L Archives

December 2002, Week 1

From:
Richard Gambrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Gambrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:50:38 -0500
On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 18:43:24 EST, Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Because I received this question twice today:
>
>> I like and use qcterm in windows but we are considering a
>> move to linux for cheeper terminals.. does qcterm work under linux?
>
>...allow me to answer it publicly.
>
>The answer is unfortunately no, we're never likely to support QCTerm on
>Linux. There are several reasons, the most basic of which is that we
>developed QCTerm using Visual Basic and that there is no easy method to
>move a VB-based program over to Linux.

One answer, that isn't a lot cheaper, but does provide a lot
of control, is to use a Citrix server to serve the QCterm
application via Citrix clients.  There are Citrix clients
for nearly everything. Citrix is relative expensive, but
you can run it on cheap, old hardware, to provide a pretty
nearly real terminal type of enviornment.

Richard Gambrell