HP3000-L Archives

December 2002, Week 1

From:
Greg Terterian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:40:55 EST
<<Microsoft has unveiled a licensing discount policy to
discourage its business customers from switching to Linux or
other open source alternatives. ...... if Microsoft sales
reps believe there is a serious risk of losing a customer,
they can request authorization to offer discounts of up
to 50 percent.
Full story at -
<A HREF="http://www.ecommercetimes.com/perl/story/20105.html>>">http://www.ecommercetimes.com/perl/story/20105.html>></A>

I don't think its called 'SCARED'.  I beleive it is more like 'KILL the
competitor'.
As long as Bill Gate & Microsoft have all the money, I don't think anybody
else can succeed competing with them.   If worse comes to worse, Microsoft
will buy the competitor and dump it, just to eliminate competition....
As they say, "money talks, BS walks"