HP3000-L Archives

December 2002, Week 1

From:
Cecilia D <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cecilia D <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:40:15 -0000
Actually, HP and Compaq took from September 2001 to May 2002 to merge, nine months, rather than the six months we took. And HP and Compaq have slightly more resources than largely volunteer-led, frequently penniless user groups. Not so much a talking shop, more a doing one!

Despite all that, we in Europe have managed to create a federation that genuinely respects the traditions of both sets of user groups, looks set to mount a successful European Conference (May 2003, Amsterdam) and use the profits therefrom to create more services for user groups in Europe. Meanwhile, over the pond, the HP
User Groups are separate and have no immediate plans to merge. Not even a talking shop...

HPCUA - The Hewlett-Packard Computer Users' Association
HP Users: 'Together We Make The Difference'
www.hpusers.org.uk
3rd Floor, Station House, Masons Avenue, WEALDSTONE, Harrow, HA3 5AH, UK
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8424 8682   Fax: +44 (0)20 8424 9162