SCUBA-SE Archives

December 2002

Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:32:38 +0200
At 16/12/02 10:39 -0500, Huw wrote:

>Yes, and I'm a convert...  the quattros are better for control and
>stability,

You're right.  I have converted FROM the Quattro's TO Twin-Jet and my only
complaint is about the lack of stability and control.  The only reason I
don't go back is that surface swimming (which I, regrettably I should
say,  have to do a lot in my neck of the woods) is a lot easier with the
split fins.  The thrust under water is the same as the Quattro's.

>So rude, I'm sorry!  But I'm in Sharm for the last week in Jan - what are
>the chances of you making it down?  :-)  Or me making it up to Eliat, come
>to that.  Any public buses running up the coast? :-)

Can I reply in a few days?  Something is cooking right now but it is not
ready yet so I don't want to discuss it prematurely.  I might not be around
here at that time.  I'll report later this week.

> >BTW, some of the reefs seem a bit beat up in these pics.  I guess the
> >northern Red Sea is not what it used to be :-(  The wrecks OTOH are some of
> >the best.
>
>Which ones did you think were beat up?  There were a couple of sites
>(close to Hurghada) which were wrecked, but at Shag Rock and (even more
>so) Giftun Island the hard coral was very healthy - all small size, which
>suggests it might be regenerating, but complete cover without dead patches.

I was referring to the background of these pictures:
Mr. Sport Diver UK - Mark
Mrs Sport Diver - Penny
Adam & Katy

>Havn't got round to the trip report yet, but when I do I'll tell why I -
>deliberately - skipped 11 minutes of computer deco, and lived to tell the
>tale. :-)

Please do.  I love such tales.

Regards,

                    Kuty