SCUBA-SE Archives

December 2002

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 12:37:37 -0500
On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:39:29 -0500, Huw Porter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Christmas party silly season and the end of year rush is finally calming
>down, so it's time for a bit of gentle internet recuperation! ;-)

Calming down, WHERE?  :-)

There'll be NO STOP in killing, or threats to kill, or giving excuses
for threats to kill EVERYDAY -- until about 12 hours before Christmas,
and then somebody will be calling for a "truce" to killing -- on
religious and righteous grounds of course, to be resumed shortly after
and continue for another year, or two ...

THAT's the Ultimate Silliness (not the PARTY) of the Christmas season!

There's a very fine line between a Cynic, a Dreamer, and a Realist.

I am beginning to have the urge to worship that fat, cigar-chomping
Wise Old Man (Santa Claus NOT!!)  who uttered these immortal words,
only to be ignored, over and over again:

>  The only thing we learn from history...
>  "...is that no one learns from history"

So, while you kids are out having your gentle internet recuperation, and
since I'll be gone by this time tomorrow ... let me wish Y'ALL a

HAPPY Holiday Season and BEST WISHES for a Better New Year!  :=)

>Cheers,
>Huw

-- Bob.