HP3000-L Archives

November 2002, Week 4

From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 22 Nov 2002 00:53:34 -0500387_iso-8859-1 ...
> but you could easily simulate the process in MPE if the COPY
> operation allowed file copy into a temporary file (which it
> unfortunately doesn't).

If you mean copy a PERM file to a TEMP file then you are correct.
If you mean copy a TEMP file to another TEMP file then the MPE
COPY command does this -- a file's domain is preserved. [...]39_22Nov200200:53:[log in to unmask]