HP3000-L Archives

November 2002, Week 4

From:
John Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 11:07:02 -0600
I understand.  What's difficult, though, is knowing what HPUX system is a
good match for the MPE system you're replacing.  Since noone wants to share
info, and/or since so few have done it, it becomes a guessing game.  We
have one statement from HP that seems to imply "start with an HPUX box that
is upgradeable, and if it's not powerful enough in its original state, then
start upgrading it until it is".  This approach will work I realize, but of
course nobody wants to go through that process...nobody want to be the
guinea pig.

In my opinion, if HP truly cares about their customers, they will do some
benchmarking, SPEC tests, etc., and publish the results so that their
customers could begin to make concrete plans for the migration.  Or, since
we have such a plethora of MPE and HPUX systems here, I'll do it for them
if they'll reimburse me for the time spent.

John Lee
Vaske Computer Solutions