HP3000-L Archives

November 2002, Week 3

From:
"James B. Byrne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James B. Byrne
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:48:46 -0500
We are a Cognos Powerhouse shop that is looking at our migration
options (which seems to me to be an annual event) and so I would
like to hear from anyone with information on Rapid Application
Development tools for Linux (RedHat 7.3 or 8.0) and PostgreSQL
who has experience with these tools and can provide an
assessment of their usefulness.

The application suite to be converted is a financial and traffic
management system written entirely in Powerhouse comprising
some 300+ Quick screens, about 100 Quiz Reports and a handful
(20+) of QTP batch processes using three image databases and
five KSAM files (early alternative to b-tree functionality then missing
from Image).

We are looking for a visual based system (WYSIWYG) for forms
and reports that will support straightforward conditional processing
and mathematical processing. Ideally the resulting front-end could
run on both Windows and Linux machines.  Since this matter is not
directly concerned with the HP-3000 an off-list response might be
best, unless others indicate a desire for the same information.

Regards,
Jim

---     e-mail is NOT a secure channel
James B. Byrne                 mailto:[log in to unmask]
9 Brockley Drive                 vox: +1 905 561 1241
Hamilton, Ontario               fax: +1 905 561 0757
Canada  L8E 3C3