HP3000-L Archives

November 2002, Week 3

From:
"Gehan G." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gehan G.
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 21:25:12 -0800
 Hello, I'm gehan. I just started at a company with a hp3000/mpe
5 system that I have to work on.
 I'm a BS CS degree in programming and i'm trying to learn some
new things about the system. I was wondering if anyone can
answer a simple question to get me started. Before I get scolded
i've seached faqs and past messeges with no luck..
 I've been reading about command files which run simple batch
like lines of code. I wrote a small one to make printing easier.
For instance:
param p1
spoolf $p1.out.hpspool;dev=1;pri=13;copies=2
echo $p1 sent to main printer

When you print a spoolfile it says:
2243 sent to main printer

 My question is how do I access the filename for the spoolfile.
For instance if I do a soj 4442 I'll see
DFID   #Job  Name
2243   4442  JReport

How do I access the Name field of a file by it's DFID number?
when you send a print job I want it to say
JReport sent to main printer
instead of
2243 sent to main printer

Can you do something like???
echo $p1.filename sent to main printer

 Any help would be much appricated, I have a few more but i'll
see how this one goes before I ask any more. For all I know i'm
asking in the wrong place..

Thanks again,
Gehan

Ps. Also before anyone makes a comment about a BSCS who can't
figure out a 3 line program. This is all in my own time. My job
is Database programming/SQL server, I'm just learning this for
fun on my lunch hours.