HP3000-L Archives

November 2002, Week 3

From:
Joseph Dolliver <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph Dolliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:21:39 -0500
Dear Cynthia,
First let me say that I was wrong about the date of November 30, It was
November 1, and I am sorry about that. Most memberships of all types usually
end at the "end of the month, not the beginning.
However,

Do you see the point I am trying to make here?

I have had many issues with interex over the past several years and as an
advocate of Interex for many years there has been no clear picture for the
members of Interex. Denys has sent me a personal e-mail stating that he is
trying to change things around for the "paying members".

Interex has made many bad decisions in recent memory. One that was made very
clear at HPQWorld was to not stand up to HPQ or whoever made the decision to
not allow the press into the conference roundtable talks of the direction
for the HP3000 users. I just missed watching the people at the door when the
conference staff was trying to keep Ron Seybold out of the conference topic.
What's that all about.

The idiots who decided to vote "our" shares for the merger. Gee and just
think Michael Capellas could not wait to leave the HPQ announcing he is
leaving to become CEO of WorldCom just announced today.

I cannot tell you how disappointed I have been since the Interex board
listens to the 3000L and could have made a clear decision on maybe asking
all the 1000 plus listeners at the time how Interex should vote.
My guess is that the individual and corporate memberships of interex at the
time of the announced merger were HP3000 users. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe
Interex should publish what percentage of subscribers are / were HP3000
users.

Maybe Interex is on the back side of the mountain like most of the HP3000
advocates. This was not a choice of the group and should not have been the
choice of HPQ to destroy the platform. Michael got his way to keep another
propriety system to stay afloat for years to come.

I guess I am still reeling from the whole decision of the HP3000 demise. So
I have no plans to continue my membership nor do I want to contribute to a
lost cause of helping Interex staying in business for the sake of HPQ.
When HPQ made this decision to merge they no longer deserve the name of
Hewlett-Packard.

And today being the day after the one year anniversary of the decision to
announce the demise of the HP3000 with more bad decisions on the platform,
like having the newest systems not support 7.0 only make me more saddened
that HPQ continues to shoot the one thing they really invented.

If HPQ makes a decision to changes it's HPQ way and let the HP3000/Image go
to a nice home where it can be put in better hands then I may change my
mind.

Until then, Please stay away.

Kind Regards