HP3000-L Archives

November 2002, Week 3

Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:17:17 -0600
 I used to work within the war on drugs.. and the reason we can't stop it is
because of our laws and all the politics.  Larry is right, they would be put
out of business. However the majority or the soldiers (DEA, FBI, USCS, DOD,
USCG and the rest) all get frustrated because their hands are tied because
of policy. For instance, we had an agent on a bust team in the air get so
angry, that he stuck his weapon out of the window of the aircraft he was in
and shot up the vertical stablizer of the plane he was chasing in the
attempt to get him to land.

So in saying that the agents are the issue is not entirely correct, it's the
politics and our laws that make it easy for the smugglers as well as the
terrorists to come into our country uninhibited.

Just my Humble Opinion and mine alone.
Jeff