HP3000-L Archives

November 2002, Week 2

From:
Mark Wonsil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Wonsil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 14:18:47 -0500
Mr. Senn pens:
> Now, I wonder if way back when Carly and Mike had their first "chat",
> Mike said, "Yeah, the merger makes good business sense, you be CEO,
> I'll be Pres, we'll get the merger done, then for 15 mill or so,
> I'll go on to other things."

I'm starting to wonder if the conversation went more like this:

CF: "No, I don't think so Mike."

MC: "Why not?"

CF: "Because I'm the boss."

MC: "What?"

CF: "You heard me."

MC: "Listen Fiorino, you don't know squat about running a computer
company."

CF: "Business is business."

MC: "Oh yeah, the telecom business is sooo complicated.  You don't
even have to make money there."

CF: "I did a good job at Lucent."

MC: "Who couldn't have in the dot.com boom?"

CF: "Oh, do you think you could do better?"

MC: "Sure"

CF: "I bet you can't."

MC: "I bet I can."

CF: "You're on."