HP3000-L Archives

November 2002, Week 2

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 13:51:45 -0500
Speaking of legacy software, I attempted to run a copy
of BACKREST on my Micro/XE and it came up with (LOAD ERR 33)

"BACKREST is the 'Restore only' version of Backpack that
you get with every tape made with Backpack so you can
restore files to ANY HP3000.

So I did the usual fixes, I upped my CST table 4 times
from the default install (I'm on Platform 3P,) which
meant 4 Coldloads from tape.  On the next-to-last
Coldload, the system wouldn't come up because I had
configured the CST table too high (I have a 6MB machine.)

I spoke to ROC software and the engineers there seem to
remember this was a fairly common problem way back when.
They also seem to remember there was a JCW or PARM to fix
it, but do not remember the JCW or PARM.

Does anyone remember this problem and the workaround/fix?

BT
NNNN
Tracy Johnson
MSI Schaevitz Sensors