HP3000-L Archives

November 2002, Week 1

From:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 07:27:27 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: John Burke [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 7:21 AM
To: 'Gary Jackson'; 'Gary Sielaff'; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Re: [HP3000-L] printer and npconfig

From: Gary Jackson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

>>You only need tcp_port_number if it is a multi-port JetDirect, but it
should
>>not matter since the one port JetDirect uses port 9100.
>>However, your LDEV listing is strange since all network printers should
have
>>a class of NETLP. This should have been automatically created when you did

>>the
>>ADEV 124;path=none;id=hptcpjd
>>I would add it (AC) just to see if it made a difference.
>>John
>___
>The deviceclass is NETLP only if you don't give it a name of your own.
>I almost never leave them as NETLP.
>Gary

Interesting. Do you use IOCONFIG to add them?

I have 250 network printers defined. All were defined using IOCONFIG with
the command sequence:

AD nnn;PATH=none;ID=hptcpjd
AC aaaa;LDEV=nnn

I even have a command file to do this. And, every single one has the class
NETLP in addition to the class(es) I define. Are you saying you remove the
class?

John

___

When I do the AD command, I include a CLASS=RALPH (or whatever) and it then
has that class only, not NETLP.

Gary