HP3000-L Archives

November 2002, Week 1

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 17:11:31 -0500
I too have been curious about this question for awhile.

Although I was more interested from an Apache web server
standpoint.  As it stands if someone wanted to FTP an
update to the web page, they need to log on to the MPE
space in an /ACCOUNT/GROUP/ area.  However if one wanted
to put it in the Apache web space they need to have under
/APACHE/PUB/htdocs/...

So when they log on via FTP, they need to do change
directory (cd) to /APACHE/PUB/htdocs/... whatever,
before they do their PUT.

or

They must later log onto MPE enter the posix shell,
change directories to /APACHE/PUB/htdocs/...whatever,
then do a move (mv) or copy (cp) from the original
/ACCOUNT/GROUP/ they PUT to.

Both the above assume the user has write capability
in the Apache POSIX space.

Such a situation could be alleviated if one could
home an FTP user to a specific POSIX subdirectory
(or umask it, as stated before.)

BT
NNNN
Tracy Johnson