UTCSTAFF Archives

November 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Carol Kimmons <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Kimmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 17:32:31 -0400
Greetings all!

It's nearing that time of year again! SO dust off your
jingle bells, bundle up the kids & come on over to the beautiful Sequatchie
Valley for the

3rd Annual Holiday Crafts Workshop &
"Como Se Llama" crafts gallery sale!

Where?  Moonshadow at the Sequatchie Valley Institute, just 45 minutes from
UTC.

When?  Sunday, December 8, 2002
Gallery sale 12:00-5:00 CST; Workshop 1:00- 5:00 CST

Cost?  $15 workshop fee: includes materials, instruction & great
refreshments, as well as a tour of our beautiful hand-crafted solar powered
buildings and forest gardens.

Brush off winter's chill with some creativity, yummy treats, and holiday
cheer! We'll sit by the fire sipping apple cider and making earth-friendly
items for the Season. This year we're making wreaths from greenery
collected from our
forest, exploring alternative gift wrapping and creative card folding, as
well as natural gift-making.
We are located midway between Dunlap and Whitwell, just off
Rte. 28.  Plan to dress warmly and wear comfortable walking shoes.

Our gallery offers ceramics, books, wooden items, glass jewelry and more!
Support your local artists while getting some holiday shopping done!

Contact Michelle at: [log in to unmask] or (423) 949-5922

For information on any of the workshops, the work of SVI, or how to receive
our newsletter, please contact [log in to unmask], call 423-949-5922, or
see our website, svionline.org.  SVI is located midway between Dunlap and
Whitwell, just off Rte. 28 in the beautiful Sequatchie Valley of Southeast
Tennessee, 45 minutes from Chattanooga.  Proceeds benefit our non-profit
educational work.  Discounts for SVI members.

SVI is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to help guide society
toward a sustainable future through education, example, and land
conservation

Carol Kimmons, Director of Education
Sequatchie Valley Institute at Moonshadow
Rt. 1 Box 304
Whitwell, TN 37397
423 949 [log in to unmask] http://www.svionline.org

The Sequatchie Valley Institute is a non-profit organization whose mission
is to offer society an opportunity to experience and learn about living in
harmony with nature by providing:
*       a dynamic model residence and learning center
*       education, research, art, land conservation and restoration; and
*       a vision for attaining a sustainable future