SCUBA-SE Archives

November 2002

From:
Robert Delfs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 07:16:32 +0800
I don't use Quattros, and have never seen them with the standard strap
off, so I don't know what the peg looks like.

The SS spring attached to a hole in the peg strikes me as the best
answer.

Assuming there's no risk of the bungie slipping off the peg, what
you've done should work fine.  Using something like a fisherman's hitch
(followed by binding the loose end with whipping line (marline) to
attach the bungie to the pegs might be less bulky than the square
knots.

Robert Delfs

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002 04:32:05 -0500, Huw Porter wrote:

>A question for Robert (or any other knotably knot knowlegable knetizens :-))
>
>I've replaced the awful rubber straps on my Mares Quattros with bungee
>cord, knotted to the pegs that the original straps clipped to.
>
>I have a continuous loop round the heel, attached to each peg with a square
>knot (with a second square knot on top of each in an attempt to keep it
>secure), and the spare ends joined again with a zeppelin bend (as learned
>here :-)) to give a double thickness of cord round the heel.
>
>Is there a better way of doing this, given that there is only room on the
>pegs for a single loop of bungee?
>
>Cheers,
>Huw
>--