SCUBA-SE Archives

November 2002

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 01:54:30 -0500
On Sun, 3 Nov 2002 13:42:17 -0600, Mike Wallace <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> Lots of sources.  Hey, I am on vacation and have no desire to do any
>> extended debate or counting game.
>
>You're on vacation everyday now. ;-)   Nor am I interested in any extended
>debate or a counting game, not that I consider deaths while diving a 'game'.

Life is a game.  Some play it better than others and survive better and
have a more meaningful life of survival.

Thousands of people die everyday.   The total number of diving deaths in
the history of mankind is probably less than than annual automobile
fatalities in the USA, or the number of deaths in a few weeks/months
of frivolous WARS in which "religious men" kill other "religious men"
for religious reasons!

Don't get me started on this "deaths" and "game" criticism of yours.

>asked a very simple question based on your very direct statement above. If the
>above statement is simply your opinion and you cannot or do not wish to cite
>your sources, then I will accept if for what it is, opinion.

Of course it's my opinnion.  But my opinion is never pulled out from thin
air.  There are TOO MANY sources to cite.  For starter, if you want to
start looking at SOME of those sources, just do a google advanced search
with the keywords "trimix fatality".

That'll be a good START.

>Not interested in specific numbers. Just in your sources for your statement
>noted below.

Those are SOME of the sources.  If you use other search engines, you'll
find many other sources.  As I said, I don't have the time or interest
for it now, and not much interest later either.  It's a worthless COUNT
because it tells us NOTHING about how many of those deserve to die
regardless which gas they were using.  That's the sad fact of REALITY
that few people are up to facing.

>Have a great vacation.

Thanks.  So far, so good.  :-)   I am certainly not going to let this
DEJA VU all over again "deep air" thread ruin it.  :-))

-- Bob.