SCUBA-SE Archives

November 2002

From:
Don Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 23:44:19 -0600
Unless I misread, this article said nothing about any ill effects from
medication while diving?  So divers take meds?  Okay, so what?  So the
point of the paper presented was to advise the dive community that scuba
divers reflect society as a whole, and take medication for a number
reasons.  I wonder how much grant money was used for this ground breaking
study?

BTW, for years I took Sudafed for ear problems.  I stopped taking them and
my ears seemed to do much better clearing.  I haven't taken them now for
years and never have ear problems.  Also, I had no problems from taking
them other than my ears seemed to clear better now and I don't take them.

finally, for those in the US, please have a very enjoyable and safe
Thanksgiving holiday.

dive safe,

/Don.