SCUBA-SE Archives

November 2002

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 23:04:47 +1100
On Wednesday, November 13, 2002 9:38 PM, Reef Fish wrote:

> Not that there weren't good moments in the Coral Sea and the Great Barrier
> Reef, but let me get this out of the way before further ado.  :-)))

Mate!  I'm given to understand that there was an unseasonal 'blow' during
your trip!  :-)

Which is why I wrote at the time:
> 'Cosy' rather than 'spacious', is the term that I would have used!
> (Something that, to my way of thinking, is a pre-requisite in a good
> sea-boat - you don't have so far to be thrown around before hitting a
> bulkhead!)  :-)))

> 4.  The diving wasn't done as described on the Taka II webpage.  The
capital
>     punishment for "reverse profile" doesn't even make this Top 5 list!
;-)

> 3.  The Ultimate Cattleboat.  The galley did not have enough standing room
>     for 27 divers!

> 2.  The Exquisite Cuisine.  By about the 3rd meal, catsup became the
>     universal sauce (because it's the only available sause) requested by
>     passengers for all dishes.  All veggie dishes (the same ones everyday)
>     are boiled and served in unseasoned water.

Yuk! They must have run out of Vegemite!  :-)

I guess that I must have been more fortunate on the trips that I've done -
although, even then, I don't think that I'd have used a superlative like
'exquisite' to describe the grub!  :-)

> 1.  The sight and sound and feel of the Taka II boat somehow reminded me
>     of the African Queen boat used in the Bogart-Hepburn classic!  :-)

I told you it had 'classic lines'!  :-)))

> That's all I have the time for now.   :-)))

I look forward to hearing all of the gory details ....

> We're busy packing for Sydney already -- will be there in less than two
> days!

... and to seeing you both on Saturday.  (Having suggested that you catch
the Manly Ferry across the Harbour, I'm praying for calm weather!!  :-)))))

Strike