SCUBA-SE Archives

November 2002

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 05:38:08 -0500
Not that there weren't good moments in the Coral Sea and the Great Barrier
Reef, but let me get this out of the way before further ado.  :-)))

5.  My room wasn't what was pictured on the Taka II webpage.
    (Giovanni was right <G>)

4.  The diving wasn't done as described on the Taka II webpage.  The capital
    punishment for "reverse profile" doesn't even make this Top 5 list!  ;-)

3.  The Ultimate Cattleboat.  The galley did not have enough standing room
    for 27 divers!

2.  The Exquisite Cuisine.  By about the 3rd meal, catsup became the
    universal sauce (because it's the only available sause) requested by
    passengers for all dishes.  All veggie dishes (the same ones everyday)
    are boiled and served in unseasoned water.

1.  The sight and sound and feel of the Taka II boat somehow reminded me
    of the African Queen boat used in the Bogart-Hepburn classic!  :-)

That's all I have the time for now.   :-)))

We're busy packing for Sydney already -- will be there in less than two
days!

-- Bob.