HP3000-L Archives

October 2002, Week 5

From:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:12:02 -0800
Hi Mark :)
   um.... I ain't no lawyer type... and don't even play one on tv!  but....

   It would seem that the language (I snipped the rest) shown below refers
only to your being quiet about how you settled this matter... ie what
amount of money changed hands and such.... so it would seem that you can
discuss Interland but not how you concluded this one document....

   In fact if Interland were to prevent you talking about them it would
prevent them from using one of the best forms of advertising... ie "word of
mouth".  I guess in the case of Interland that they may not gain anything
because their service is horrible... :) hehe

   Note... I noticed that the agreement is governed by the laws of
Georgia... so there may also be some recourse under their state laws...
Oregon has some "consumer friendly" laws providing recourse when there is a
problem... I don't know.... I lived on a Army base when I lived in
Georgia...

Art "just a ramblin' or two :) hehe" Bahrs