HP3000-L Archives

October 2002, Week 4

From:
Cynthia Fowler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cynthia Fowler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:56:58 -0500
My users have a nagging problem since we upgraded to MPE/iX 7.0 exp 1
(last Sunday night). Many of our programs run in block mode. There is a
consistent occurrence/reoccurrence of a pause during the painting of each
screen. That is, the program begins to paint the screen and stops about
half way, stops for 5-10 seconds, then completes the painting of the
screen. On MPE/iX 6.0 pp2 (our prior OS) we did not have this problem.
I called the HP-RC and they tell me there are no known problems with
screen handling on MPE/iX 7.0 exp 1.

We are also a Speedware shop. We moved from Speedware v.7.04.02 to
v.7.06.02 prior to our OS upgrade. We did not have any problems with it
on MPE/iX 6.0 pp2, but on MPE/iX 7.0 exp1 there seems to be a problem
that was not there on the old OS.

Has anyone had a problem like this on MPE/iX 7.0 exp 1? Neither Speedware
and HP claim responsibility, but point fingers at the other. The delay is totally
unacceptable to our customer service reps, who depend on these screens to
assist our customers. With our busy season in the early stages this year (we
ship road salt during the winter to municipalities, etc., for deicing and snow
removal), even a 5-10 minute delay in screens becomes bothersome.

Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated!

Cindee

Cynthia Bridges-Fowler
North American Salt Company
a division of Compass Minerals Group