HP3000-L Archives

October 2002, Week 4

From:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 07:55:07 -0700
Hi Michael and All :)
     I want to recommend everyone go to the "Transition Tour" if at all
possible.... I can't make it but.... a few months ago I had to pleasure to
attend a session where Birket (The "B" in M.B. Foster hehe) presented on
the aspects of a migration... I learned alot of stuff and he really did
show me that even tho' I have done a couple of migrations over the years it
doesn't hurt to get help from the experts... now Birket is really an expert
on this stuff... and can really help open your "C" level's eyes to the
realities of the migration timeline...

   Also, Rich Trapp (who will be at the Houston show!) has provided me a
lot of info on Migrations.... and will be representing (sorta ... hehe) a
company that has lots of knowledge (hey.... hire 'em... maybe they will
need to hire me then!!!)   and BTW .... Food gets you all kinds of help
from Rich... especially a "Keystone Pepperoni Pizza" hehehe

   Even if you have already decided to stay on MPE you owe it to your
company to research what the options are... and to learn about what others
having to do...Also, there should be some really great "monitor toys" being
given away!!! Anyone want to send me some of 'em? hehe

   Remember, one of the axioms of leadership is to always gather input and
recommendations on all command decisions as time warrants...

Art "Not employed by either company!!!  so this ain't a sales pitch ! hehe
" Bahrs
P.S. If you need a hand on your migration.... gimme a holler!