HP3000-L Archives

October 2002, Week 4

Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 01:16:56 -0500
 John,

Thanks for the kind words ... and your point on having a CIO and/or CFO is
really very important ... even if you decide the best strategy is staying you
will need to go through a review of where you currently stand with your
applications and business needs.

It really is important that members of the senior management team understand
the impact of HP's decision last year and conciously understand the plan for
staying or going ...

If they can't make the tour (see
http://www.mbfoster.com/migration/hpe3000tour.cfm )
then feel free to enroll them in our FREE migration webinar
http://www.mbfoster.com/migration/seminar.cfm

and give them a copy of how to budget for a transition
...http://www.mbfoster.com/pdf/migration/Ad_AdvertorialBudgetforMigration.pdf

Anything else we or any other of the Platinum Partners can do to help just let
us know.

Thanks again to the tour audience in our kickoff city ... hope to see you on
the road!

Best Regards,

Birket

In article <[log in to unmask]>, John Clogg
<[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Subject:       A Recommendation
>From:  John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
>Date:  Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:46:22 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
>
>Listers:
>The HP "Transition Tour" made its first stop yesterday in Spokane,
>Washington.  I attended, but didn't have high expectations.  I have been
>disappointed in the webcasts offered to date, for their lack of useful
>and/or new content, and I was expecting more of the same.  I was pleasantly
>surprised.  I found the event to be very informative and eye-opening.  The
>"Platinum Partners" who are participating in the tour have obviously worked
>hard to develop a program that is meaningful and helpful.  I was also
>impressed by the limited amount of self-promotion (read sales pitch) by the
>partners.  I recommend this event to anyone living in or near one of the
>stops.
>
>More importantly, I recommend that you take your boss.  CIOs, and maybe even
>CFOs need to hear at least the morning sessions.  If you are planning to
>migrate you will soon be walking into your CFO's office with a wheelbarrow
>and asking him/her to fill it up with money (large denominations only,
>please).  These sessions will help them to understand the scope of the
>effort you are about to undertake.  For those who intend to homestead, this
>event will help explain the effort and expense you are avoiding, thus
>helping to justify your decision.  For those whose companies are dragging
>their feet in the planning and funding of a migration project, this will
>help light a fire under them.
>
>Regards,
>John Clogg

Birket Foster
M. B. Foster Associates .. the 1-800-ANSWERS people!
Supplying UDALink w/cross-platform ODBCLink Option (3000,9000&NT)
See how DataExpress has evolved www.MBFoster.com
EC/EDI(3000,9000,NT) Phone (613) 448-2333 or (613) 448-2588(FAX)