HP3000-L Archives

October 2002, Week 4

From:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 19:38:26 -0800
Fellow listservees-

While waiting for a backup to finish, I began to ponder anew a
recommendation from HP.  Ever since STM was foisted upon us, and HP
Predictive Support was changed since it needs STM, HP has recommended that
the JPSMON job should run all of the time.  I have wondered why JPSMON
couldn't be started, say 10 minutes before Predictive was scheduled to run,
and then aborted sometime later when we are sure that Predictive ran
successfully.

Any thoughts on this topic?

Gary