HP3000-L Archives

October 2002, Week 4

From:
Steve Almes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:46:35 -0700
I'm new at this game, and was wondering if anyone had any advice for me in
this regard.  We currently have a home-grown application that logs on at
night and checks the capacity vs. entries of our IMAGE databases and then
does a resize on them.  However, sometimes our production databases still
blow up in the middle of a run with a "data set full" error message.  I was
looking in the IMAGE manual and now I'm trying to set up automatic capacity
management on all my production databases.  I was wondering, though, I've
always heard something about the "prime number" factor in the databases for
manual and automatic masters, and I was wondering if that's still necessary
with automatic capacity management, or is it handled internally by IMAGE.
Before I unleash this option into production, I'd like any input that any of
you have to offer me, especially this, but other things to consider not
limited to the scope of this question are also welcome.

Thanks,

Steve Almes
Practice Management Systems, Inc.
(650) 697-7176