HP3000-L Archives

October 2002, Week 4

Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 07:07:56 -0700
Check out the article following that one.

"United benefits for those left standing: Human resources (remember when it
was called Personnel?) and IT (remember when it was called MIS?) are
scrambling to unify all workplace benefits by the end of the month, which
also happens to be the end of the fiscal year. "What we're doing is having
to transition employees from two separate programs to one," said CEO Carly
Fiorina at a symposium in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., (think Disney World)
earlier this month. "We feel reasonably good about our progress there,
although employees would like us to go faster, not slower." HP will have
also reached a goal employees would like them to go slower on, not faster:
Within the next nine days, HP will reach its goal of slashing 10,000 jobs.
Only 6,800 more to go."