HP3000-L Archives

October 2002, Week 4

From:
george Stachnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george Stachnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 00:31:55 -0500
 "Ron Seybold" <[log in to unmask]> wrote in message
> The latest version of the HP online Web publication .... covers servers
the
> company is selling for a good while (Windows and Linux), those being
> sold for the forseeable future (HP-UX), as well as those whose HP
> sales future is murky (that would be MPE).

Actually Ron, you got that one wrong.  Aside from the e3000, the
Customer First Times will cover HP-UX, Open/VMS and
Tru64 UNIX.

> Customer First Times, unlike that old standby the e3000 advisor,
> won't limit you to just the MPE information you're seeking. You'll
> also have articles to cut through that cover all the other HP
> environments.

Given the fact that most customers are investigating their options for
migrating off of the e3000, I thought they might be interested in
other platforms.  .

> It's the Web, so who needs to edit so closely? .

Cheap shot, Ron...

> CSY pioneered the "Customer First" strategy inside HP's server
> businesses. It appears to be one of the HP 3000 group's creations
> that's going to have an unlimited lifespan.

I hope you're right there....