HP3000-L Archives

October 2002, Week 3

From:
Eben Yong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eben Yong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 06:39:36 -0700
I installed Txt2PDF.pl on my HP3000's based on your suggestion and it works
GREAT.  I tried it with a 240-column spoolfile report.  Worked almost
perfectly.  Getting the page breaks to line up within the PDF is a challenge
but it's something I can live with.  Also, it's cheap to license--only $125
for a 6 CPU HP3000.  I created a command file that leverages the power of
MPEX to automatically convert all report spoolfiles attached to a particular
job to PDF format, then sends an e-mail to the target enduser notifying them
that their report is ready for viewing.  Clicking on the link in the e-mail
directs the end user to the PDF (sitting in a folder on my Apache-enabled
e3000).  Anyone who wants a copy of this command file, please e-mail me and
I'd be happy to send it your way.  If someone wants to volunteer to post the
command file to their website so that it's accessible to all, that's OK with
me, too.  Keep in mind the command file uses the excellent MAIL program from
TELAMON, which in turn requires an SMTP-relay capable e-mail server.

Eben Yong
Health Plan of San Mateo