HP3000-L Archives

October 2002, Week 3

From:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:01:51 -0400
I thought it was very funny.
In a German paper I read something more funny.
Hey, in Iraq, they can count votes like you wouldn't believe it.

100% went to vote and 100% were for Saddam's re-election for another 7
years.
Not that you call counting.

It is even better than any vote in for east-germany, russia, china or even
north korea.

Kennen Sie schon Saddam Husseins (65) neuestes Märchen aus 1001 Nacht?
Iraks Diktator ließ stolz seine Wiederwahl verkünden: 100 Prozent
Wahlbeteilung, 100 Prozent für Saddam. Von so einem Ergebnis hätte sogar
DDR-Staatschef Erich Honecker geträumt...

Michael

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:17:06 -0400, De-elect Gee Dumb Ya in 2004
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:55:40 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>
>First and foremost: It was a joke.  Some people seem to be a bit "touchy"
>and "defensive" for some reason.  It was a friggin joke.  Get over it.
>
>Second, I am not on the left.  I am not on the right.  I am not a
>Democrat.  I am not a Republican.  I am an American.  I live in America.  I
>pay taxes.  I vote.  I work at a "regular" job.  And I have never been
>arrested for anything.  I like jokes about Republicans, Democrats,
>Communists, men, women, and just about anything else available on this
>planet.  They are JOKES.  They are FUNNY.  Try laughing for a change, it's
>alot better than frowning, believe me.
>
>Third, nothing was mentioned about anyone's "substance abuse".  Nor was
>anyone's name ever mentioned anywhere in the joke.  But, if you'd really
>like, I can send you an MPEG of someone who is drunk off his butt in 1992
>at a fundraising party for his daddy.  I wish I had a similar MPEG of a
>President in the Oval Office delivering a "gift" to his intern, so that I
>could pass that around the internet as well.  Now that would be funny!
>
>Fourth, where someone graduated from school has nothing to do with
>intelligence or their ability to make good decisions.  May I suggest you
>research where the Unibomber got his Phd from, where Ted Bundy got his
>Masters from and where Jeffrey Dahmer got his Bachelors from.
>
>I was a friggin joke.
>
>(And a funny one, too, might I add)
>
>Randy Keefer
>

>>Pop quiz time:
>>1) Where did Al Gore get his bachelors?
>>2) Where did George W. Bush get his Masters?
>>(hint: see #1).
>>3) Where did Al Gore get his Masters?
>>
>>George W. Bush may be a lot of things. But dumb is not one of them.
>>
>>For that matter, while some joke about assumed substance abuse during his
>>"young and reckless" days, no one has stepped forward with a picture of
him
>>holding a glass of champagne at an official function, or to say that W has
>>been known to enjoy a tall cold one on a hot day at his Texas ranch. We
>know
>>what substance Al Gore abused with fellow dorm-dwellers while earning his
>>bachelors, but no one credible has given an interview relating such for
>>George W.
>>
>>But of course, it's "free speech" to employ ad hominem attacks on those on
>>the right. On my list of books to get around to reading is "The New
Thought