HP3000-L Archives

October 2002, Week 3

From:
Mark Wonsil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 18 Oct 2002 19:51:39 +08000_43_18Oct200219:51:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:45:29 -0400
Joseph writes:
> Certain people have been using Democrat, instead of
> Democratic, for a number
> of years now. There are two problems with its usage. The
> first is that it is
> grammatically incorrect for the same reason that calling a
> Republican a
> Republic or a Libertarian a Liberty is grammatically
> incorrect. The second
> reason is that the party's name is the Democratic Party.
> There is, to the best of my knowledge, no Democrat Party.

So the proper term is:
  Democraticor? -er?
  Democraticin?
  Democraticgander?  (Like in Michigan)

  And the plural is:
  Democratics?
  Democraticals?
  Democratica?

> I make think it is cute or clever to call you Bob but if that
> is not your
> name then I am only showing my ignorance and poor behavior.
> You have the
> right to go by your name no matter what it is. I do not have
> to like you or
> your thoughts to use your proper name. Calling someone by an
> incorrect name
> is childish, silly and totally beneath people capable of intellectual
> debate.

Exactly!  Can you imagine people actually saying "Dubya" in a debate?  ;-)

All in jest, but I better get the high temp clothing on just in case.  Hmm,
is it getting hot in here or is it just me...

Mark Dubya