HP3000-L Archives

October 2002, Week 3

From:
Xavier Mouton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Xavier Mouton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:30:43 -0400
Hello All,

I've been seaching for hours and I can't find any solution. I hope someone
will do.
The hardware clock of my HP is set to GMT time (let's say 15:00). Time is
set by SETCLOCK by applying a E2:00 time zone (summer daily time in
France). So it's 17:00. The Posix time is set with the TZ var to MET-
2METDST value in the /etc/profile. SHOWCLOCK within MPE and DATE within
Posix give me the same answer.
That being said, I'm starting SNMP services (let's say 17:00). I've
previously modified the SNMPUDC file to set the TZ variable to MET-2METDST
in the SNMPCONTROL UDC, accordingly to the SNMP User Guide. When I type
SNMPCONTROL STATUS I can see that the services have been started at 16:00.

What am I missing ? Am I using a wrong TZ code ? Who knows where I can find
the exhaustive TZ codes list ? Has anyone met met that oddity before?

Any help will be greatly welcome.

Cordially,

Xavier Mouton
ORBiT Software France