HP3000-L Archives

October 2002, Week 2

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 15:44:38 -0700
Mark writes:
> What is happening is that MPE priv-mode library binding rules are
> coming into play.

It's really irritating that MPE doesn't seem to have a "Please load this
library for me, and yes I know it's not privileged but I want to do it
anyway" function.

> Then relink PERL.PUB.PERL with
> XL="BINDXL,/usr/lib/libcurses.sl,...etc...".

Pretty sure this will give you a "The library being loaded is less
privileged than the previous library in the binding sequence" error.  Once
you get to a library that is located in a group with PM, the idiot loader
will insist that all subsequent libraries also reside in privileged groups,
even if there are no linkages between them.

If you can put the BINDXL at the *end* of the XL list then you should be ok,
which will work in this case because you're not trying to intercept a call
to something in one of the subsequent XL files.

G.